November 20, 2017, 12:30:19 am

Author Topic: Mac Beta Not Working  (Read 2328 times)

KindledFlames

• View Profile
Mac Beta Not Working
« on: September 11, 2015, 05:37:06 pm »
Hello, I recently bought a four pack of this game on Steam on sale. My friend had told me that there was a beta for mac (http://ninedotsforums.com/index.php?topic=29.0). I am a mac user. So I bought the four pack and followed the instructions provided on that page. It does not work for me.
If I select the beta version and try to install, it tells me it's not supported on your platform.

Description
When I try to install the game, it says it's not supported on your current platform, even if I have the beta version selected in properties.

What I think should happen
After selecting the beta, I should be able to install a mac version.

How to reproduce
1. Buy the game or log into your account with a copy of the game on a mac.
2. Select the beta version (following the instructions in the link above).
3. Right click the game and select install.
4. It says this game is not supported on your current platform.

Is the beta even playable on mac? If not, I am okay with waiting a little while, when is the expected mac release date?

Thanks so much!

Gheeyom

• CEO/Founder/Game Designer
  • Global Moderator
  • CEO/Founder of Nine Dots Studio
    • View Profile
Re: Mac Beta Not Working
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:49:12 am »
Hi Kindled!

Did you select the beta from the drop down after typing the GODFACTORYTEST code? The beta version for Mac does work and we've had numerous reports that it was working fine. Please check the attached image.

The mac/linux versions should be released soon-ish, we're still ironing out some optimization issues, but aside from that it's quite functional. The biggest downside at the moment is that it's harder to find players on the beta branch, since it doesn't mix up players from both versions. Once the support is officially out, everyone will be able to mix together though :)
We seriously need more alexandrite in our games.

KindledFlames

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 05:08:14 pm »
Hmm, it does not seem to be working. When should the name change? Does it change when I select it, or close the window, or restart steam? I have repeatedly tried different combinations of these actions.
I have included a screenshot.

Gheeyom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 06:28:15 pm »
Hmmm, you seem to have done the right actions according to the screenshot, so maybe there's a difference with the Mac version of the steam client? I think Pier-Luc (Keos) will be better suited to help you I'm afraid (he's a programmer and has been doing a lot of customer support as well).

Thank you for getting back to us with this by the way, it helps us make the whole process smoother for everyone.

Gheeyom

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 07:03:54 pm »
All right I just talked with Pier-Luc, he says that maybe your problem will be solved once you restart Steam. He just made some changes on our side of things but they will only take effect at reset. Let me know if that worked. Thanks again!

KindledFlames

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 08:24:58 pm »
Unfortunately, it is still not working. I tried restarting steam several times.

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 09:03:03 am »
I went through a third check and there was some place where the mac version wasn't activated. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you try restarting your steam again?

Let me know if it works or not.

Best regards.

Also, we have uploaded a new version (1.2.8c) that should improve in-game performances for all platforms, so do not be surprised if there is a patch to download.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:34:44 am by Keos »

KindledFlames

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 08:04:08 pm »
Hooray! It is working! Thank you so much you guys are awesome! I look forward to playing the game!