September 24, 2017, 07:08:29 pm

Author Topic: Question - Will the player ever have the opportunity to 'settle down'?  (Read 1330 times)

Sern

• The Novelist
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere.

Was simply curious if the player, during some point in the story or via other measurements of progress, will ever have the option to find their own nook in the world to call home? If so, what would that look like? Or is your home that tent you carry around in your pack?

Gheeyom

• CEO/Founder/Game Designer
  • Global Moderator
  • CEO/Founder of Nine Dots Studio
    • View Profile
Re: Question - Will the player ever have the opportunity to 'settle down'?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:36:50 pm »
For now our plan is to have 4 possible homes: one per faction you can join, each in a different city. It's still possible, due to budget constraint, that we won't be able to implement this, but it's still in our plans as of now. We don't know yet how customizable the house will be. Ideally, it would be possible to add utility stuff and trophies from previous quests in the house, such as crafting installations or beds that give a bonus compared to sleeping in a damp tent. According to our current design, the house will be the perfect place to train your character after a long series of quest, before venturing out for a new long-winded adventure.
We seriously need more alexandrite in our games.

Sern

• The Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Question - Will the player ever have the opportunity to 'settle down'?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:33:55 pm »
Sounds good to me. Thanks for the info!

I can handle little to no customization of the house as long as it's well thought out in its base design. But at the end of the day, even as an adventurer, it's certainly nice to have a place with a semblance of normalcy to go back to from time to time.

Having some sort of ability to upgrade the house (whether by simple payment or something more involved) is recommended by me as an added 'investment' into the player's potential properties but not ultimately necessary.