September 24, 2017, 07:08:18 pm

Author Topic: Outward has been funded!  (Read 1948 times)

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Outward has been funded!
« on: July 09, 2015, 04:40:56 pm »
We have received a positive answer from the Canada Media Fund and we received close to 1M Canadian Dollar to develop Outward!

Here is a more in details message what Guillaume has sent via the Kickstarter mailing list.

Hello fellow adventurers!

Today, the Canada Media Fund announced the different projects it will help fund with its Experimental Stream program. Here's the list: http://www.cmf-fmc.ca/industry-advisory/article/2015/07/14-1m-awarded-to-interactive-digital-media-projects/

Among the 22 projects you'll notice that Outward was picked!!! We are awarded over 950,000 Canadian dollars, meaning that the game's development is now funded!

This isn't just a handout, it's a huge responsibility that we are honored to be entrusted with. Having built this company from almost nothing, you can bet that we understand and respect the value of this money and will maximize every single cent of the budget to make the best game we can.

So expect to hear more from us and see the project evolve until it's finally ready for gamers to enjoy!

A big thank you to the Canada Media Fund and thank you to our backers for believing in the project since the start.

You can also read it directly from our Kickstarter's page : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/271033429/outward-the-adventurer-life-sim/posts/1289469
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 04:42:41 pm by Keos »

Gheeyom

• CEO/Founder/Game Designer
  • Global Moderator
  • CEO/Founder of Nine Dots Studio
    • View Profile
Re: Outward has been funded!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 05:30:33 pm »
Pardon my french, but FUCK YEAH!!! :D
We seriously need more alexandrite in our games.

Zonto3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 12:48:58 pm »
Best freaking news I have heard all year! ;D

BijiHunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:33:10 am »
This is awesome!
“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

― André Gide

Sern

• The Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 08:48:25 pm »
It was more than a sigh of relief when I read this news nearly a month ago. My activity here may fluctuate but I will keep an eye on this for sure and provide a number of suggestions when time permits.