October 18, 2017, 07:14:36 am

Author Topic: A few minor annoyances  (Read 1636 times)

cesorensen

• View Profile
A few minor annoyances
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:41:58 pm »
Linux user.

These don't really matter, but I thought you guys *might* like to know.

1.  After completing a section of training, there's text that says "You have completed all the tutorial steps you selected..." Just under that it says "Press [Any Key] to continue"  Pressing a key does nothing, and it seems like "Press [Any Key] to continue" shouldn't be there at all.

2.  In the options menu, under "Game" it says "Cockpit View"  "(Shift+C) In Match"  Shift isn't necessary, and just pressing C works.

3.  I'd like to be able to invert the axis for my joystick's throttle, but I didn't see a option to do so.

4.  I have two monitors, a 17" in portrait on the left, and a 24" in landscape on the right.  The game always starts on the left monitor, but the one on the right is my primary.  It does remember the correct resolution of my primary, and it's simple to drag the game between monitors, but it would be nice to have an option to choose between them.

Sorry about clumping a bunch of stuff together, and pretty much ignoring the guidelines on all of my posts.
P.S.  Is there a directory with a configuration file in /home, or is everything saved online?

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A few minor annoyances
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:49:40 am »
4 is strange because I have exactly the same setup (but I'm on Windows) and the game opens on my primary screen. Maybe it's a Linux thing. I will investigate this. Graphic options are saved in the Local Directory of the game (you can access it by clicking on the game in steam, properties -> Local Files Tab -> Browse local folder). You should find a Config file there. I doubt that we save on what screen we open the game though. For the rest of the options (such as keybindings), it is saved on our servers.

I will have a look on 1 and 2 also.

About 3. You can go into the Calibration Window in the Option menu and select the axis of your Throttle, there is an option to reverse the axis there.

Best regards

cesorensen

• View Profile
Re: A few minor annoyances
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »
1 and 2 - I've attached a couple of screenshots.

3 - I see it now, and probably should have seen it before.  I assumed it would have been on the main menu under "Input" with "Invert Y Axis"  I'm still a bit overwhelmed by all the configuration and calibration options (in a good way)

4 - Might be a Linux thing, might be a misconfiguration on my end (I did change my main distro recently, and I have my 17" disabled in openSUSE.)  There are other games, with FTL: Faster Than Light coming to mind, that I'm unable to run in fullscreen on my primary at all.  As it currently is, I can drag it between monitors before the splashscreen disappears, so it isn't much of an issue.