October 17, 2017, 12:01:56 am

Author Topic: Cant get trough tutorial 3.1  (Read 1754 times)

darkszluf

• View Profile
Cant get trough tutorial 3.1
« on: June 06, 2015, 04:41:00 am »
On Linux mint 17.1 rebecca / specs amd fx-4300 /4gb ram/nvidia gt730 with 352 proprietary drivers

Description
When i actually lock on the target the weapons they fire once then stop for like 15 seconds, and even when i don't lock on weapons just shoot once then stop

What I think should happen
when clicking right or left mouse butten it should shot not stop

How to reproduce
1. go to tutorial 3.1
2  try to shoot

also on sidenotes, controls tend to work badly and are hard to map properly.
when i tried a quick battle i must say that the weapons on my both ships felt nearly useless.

cesorensen

• View Profile
Re: Cant get trough tutorial 3.1
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 07:20:44 pm »
It's working fine on my computer running Linux (Kubuntu 14.04 with open-source and openSUSE 13.2 with proprietary,) but I do have an AMD card.

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 08:17:56 am »
I'm going to have a look into that.

About feeling the weapon being useless, what were you shooting? And were you alone shooting at it? Carrier parts have a lot of health and regenerate overtime, so that might be the reason. Also, are you sure your weapons were locked on the target? Does the yellow circle was around the target meaning that you are in range and that your weapon is locked?

cesorensen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 02:04:23 pm »
I felt like the weapons were nearly useless as well, but I'm assuming it's because they were the initial stock weapons, and if I went up a level or two I would be doing noticeably more damage.  The first quickmatch I did was completely alone (not even with bots,) and I had forgotten about the reload button.  I would fire off all of my weapons, go back to my carrier, switch ships, and repeat a few times.

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 03:17:17 pm »
4 players that are just starting, it might takes up to 3 hit and run attack to destroy a part, so it's kind of normal that you have the impression to do almost nothing if you are alone. Try a match with a match full of bots, and use voice commands to command them and plan an attack to a part, you should see the difference.

Also, if you want to play with other players, the best time is around 7:30 PM EST. That is when we (the devs) are streaming and playing with the others. You can also join the Steam group. Members plan matches once in a while too.