October 17, 2017, 12:02:10 am

Author Topic: Abundant textures in cockpit view. (._. )  (Read 1643 times)

MadMarkizen

• View Profile
Abundant textures in cockpit view. (._. )
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:47:35 am »
Description
It is sort of a follow up to the missing textures problem. Although it has opposite results as it's name suggests. Bottom line switching from classic to cockpit perspectives many times leads to cockpit perspective being completely blocked out by textures of owned gunship. It's easier to show than to tell in this case. Take a look here for proper presentation -
How to reproduce
1.Switch camera perspective repeatedly during match.
2.Observe screen full of leftover images of your gunship parts.

Also I've seen Keos posting that leading cause of missing textures was taken care of already so this bug might've gotten squashed alongside it. But I wanted to report it just in case as this one is potentailly far more game breaking than my other reported bug.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:49:55 am by MadMarkizen »

Chromehound

• View Profile
Re: Abundant textures in cockpit view. (._. )
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »
Just tried it with several races, cockpits and bodies. I don't get the problem specifically how you get it in your video with the textures overlapping, but I do always seem to have the body of the ship clipping into the cockpits view, which I think is what is happening in your video. I am also getting the wings clipping on certain models, the Chorion Ursa is quite bad for it. It is as if the first person camera is being positioned too far back in the cockpit, making parts appear 'in' the cockpit with you.
I talk about GoD Factory so much with everyone I meet,  some people assume I work for NDS as a community manager

Keos

• Programmer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 02:22:09 pm »
It's basically the same problem with the one with no special FX or nebulas displayed. I think it depends on which video card you have. The problem will be fixed in the next patch (which should be released in a few hours if everything goes as planned)

MadMarkizen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 05:06:42 pm »
Just tested out the new patch. Everything works fine, none of those graphical hijinks left.  :D